Cracked heels look ugly and can compel you to wear covered shoes and sandals all the time. Cracked heels are not just the problem of cold winter months, as one can have cracked heels all throughout the year.
Along with dry and cold winter season, there can be several reasons behind cracked heels. Some of the common reasons include, the way a person walks, poor blood circulation, skin problems like eczema or psoriasis, some kind of fungal infection, nutritional deficiencies as well as improper foot care routine.
As the cause behind cracked heels can be many, it is important to find the root of the problem. Often with slight dietary as well as seasonal changes, the problem of cracked heels gets treated. There are even many natural remedies for cracked heel. You can check some sites like www.top10homeremedies.com, www.footvitals.com, www.stylecraze.com if you are interested in some natural remedies.
Also, you can always use a foot cream to maintain the beauty of your heels. Instead of buying an expensive foot cream from the market, you can easily make one at home with some easily available ingredients.
Ingredients for the foot cream:
- One-forth cup of shea butter
- One-forth cup of coconut oil
- Three tablespoons beeswax
- Ten drops of Oregano Essential Oil
- Ten drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- One-forth cup of Magnesium Flakes
Each of these ingredients has either moisturizing or nourishing properties that can help to keep the heel well hydrated, moisturized and nourished.
Steps to make the foot cream
1. First of all put one-forth cup of magnesium flakes in a small container.
2. Then pour two tablespoons of boiling water in to the container.
3. Stir the content properly until it dissolves and you get a thick liquid. Set aside the thick liquid to cool.
4. Now put a medium sized mason jar inside a small pan with one inch of water. Put in the jar the coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter. Put the pan on medium heat.
5. Once the ingredients melt properly, remove the jar from the pan and allow the mixture to cool down.
6. When the mixture cools down and has slightly opaque consistency, put the content in to a medium bowl.
7. Now with the help of a hand blender, start blending the oil mixture.
8. While blending, add the dissolved magnesium mixture to the oil mixture little by little. Blend until all the ingredients are mixed properly.
9. Next you need to add the oregano essential oil and peppermint essential oils and whip the whole mixture again until all the ingredients get combined properly.
10. Put the mixture in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
11. Take out the mixture from the refrigerator and re-blend again until you get butter like consistency.
12. You can store the content in the refrigerator or at room temp for up to two months.
Your homemade foot cream is ready for use. Use the foot cream on your cracked heels before going to bed at night. Apply a thick coat and wear socks and then go to sleep. For best results, exfoliate feet with dry skin using the pumice stone once to twice a week.
If used on a regular basis, this soothing and nourishing foot cream will solve the problem of cracked heels forever.